Growing up in a hungry household in the first couple of years of life can hurt how well a child performs in school years later, according to a new study. An estimated 13.1 million children live in homes with insufficient food, according to the most recent figures from the U.S. Department of Agriculture . Many of those children experience hunger during their first few years of life, or their parents are hungry and stressed out about food during those years – the most crucial time for a child's...
Fresh Air With Terry Gross
- Fresh Air Weekend: Comic Pete Holmes; Ron Powers Discusses His Sons' Schizophrenia
- A Middle-Aged Misanthrope Reconnects With His Long Lost Daughter In 'Wilson'
- The Supreme Court Ruling That Led To 70,000 Forced Sterilizations
- Remembering Chuck Barris, Self-Proclaimed 'King Of Daytime Television'
- An 'Intimate Portrait' Of Dorothy Day, The Catholic Activist With A Bohemian Past
The Waco Symphony Youth Orchestra's Spring Concert, McLennan Opera and the Texas Craft Beer Fest are all featured in this week's Act Locally Waco.