The Southern Baptist Convention, the largest Protestant denomination in the country, wrapped up its annual meeting Wednesday on a partisan tone. The featured speaker was Vice President Pence, who spoke of the day he accepted Jesus Christ as his savior and of the importance of prayer, but mostly delivered a speech fit for a campaign rally. "Let me begin by bringing greetings from a good friend of mine who just got back to the White House this morning — a man who, I can tell you, has been...
Fresh Air With Terry Gross
- 'Incredibles 2' Zips Seamlessly Between Domestic Comedy And Death-Defying Action
- Snail Mail Delivers Sturdy Guitar Riffs And Soaring Vocals On 'Lush'
- Remembering Jill Ker Conway, The First Female President Of Smith College
- Pianist Shamie Royston Brings A Hard-Swinging Brand Of Jazz To 'Beautiful Liar'
- How Taking A Stand For Justice Can Threaten The Careers Of Black Athletes