This week students from across the city returned to school. At Waco Independent School District that means kids in pre-kindergarten too. But this year’s a bit different. A bill passed during the state’s last legislative session will send more than $116 million dollars to 578 districts and charter schools in the state. The money is intended to boost pre-kindergarten programs in the state.
Fresh Air With Terry Gross
- 'King of Highlife Anthology' Finally Does Justice To African Bandleader Mensah
- Actor John Krasinski Takes Stock Of His 'Lottery-Ticket Life'
- Lydia Loveless Mixes Desire With Distraction In 'Real'
- Trump Off Camera: The Man Behind The 'In-Your-Face Provocateur'
- Aging And Unstable, The Nation's Electrical Grid Is 'The Weakest Link'