Updated at 7:45 p.m. ET As the morning sun rose over the cities of Central Mexico on Wednesday, where city blocks had lain neatly arranged, there was now a mess of rubble and stunned residents, watching as thousands of earthquake volunteers and rescue workers dug through scattered stones searching for signs of life. The 7.1 magnitude quake struck Tuesday in Puebla state, some 75 miles from Mexico City, but it devastated a vast expanse of the country. Mexican authorities put the death toll at...
Fresh Air With Terry Gross
- In 'Vietnam War,' Ken Burns Wrestles With The Conflict's Contradictions
- 'Trophy' Reveals The Convoluted Economics Of African Big Game Hunting
- Novel 'Forest Dark' And Dog Book 'Afterglow' Consider The Meaning Of Life
- Jerry Seinfeld's New Netflix Special Puts His Comic Life Into Perspective
- 'Cuz' Examines The Tragic Life And Death Of A Young Black Man In LA