Most Active Stories
- Dog Team Races To Rescue Lost Hiker In The Himalayas
- Espresso In Orbit: SpaceX Craft Brings Coffee Machine To Space Station
- Matamoros Becomes Ground Zero As Drug War Shifts On Mexican Border
- Downtown Waco Farmer's Market Adds Tuesday Date
- First Public Forum for City Council Candidates Sees Engaging Debate
Ben Philpott covers politics and policy for KUT 90.5 FM. He has been covering state politics and dozens of other topics for the station since 2002. He's been recognized for outstanding radio journalism by the Radio and Television News Directors Association, Public Radio News Directors Incorporated, the Texas Associated Press Broadcasters and twice by the Houston Press Club as Radio Journalist of the Year. Before moving to Texas, he worked in public radio in Birmingham and Tuscaloosa, Ala., and at several television stations in Alabama and Tennessee. Born in New York City and raised in Chattanooga, Tenn., Philpott graduated from the University of Alabama with a degree in broadcast journalism.