Most Active Stories
- Bandidos Call for Release of Video Evidence, Autopsy Reports
- McLennan County Waits for SCOTUS Ruling, State Agencies Before Moving Forward
- Events and Activities June 19 - 25
- After Receiving Marriage License, Same-Sex Couples Begin to Marry in McLennan County
- At Least 37 Dead After Attack On Hotel At Tunisian Beach Resort
David entered radio journalism thanks to a love of storytelling, an obsession with news, and a desire to keep his hair long and play in rock bands. An inveterate political junkie with a passion for pop culture and the romance of radio, David has reported from bases in Washington, London, Los Angeles, and Boston for Monitor Radio and for NPR, and has anchored in-depth public radio documentaries from India, Brazil, and points across the United States and Europe. He is, perhaps, known most widely for his work as host of public radio's Marketplace. Fulfilling a lifelong dream of moving to Texas full-time in 2005, Brown joined the staff of KUT, launching the award-winning cultural journalism unit "Texas Music Matters."
A graduate of Washington and Lee University School of Law, David is currently completing his PhD in journalism at the University of Texas, and helping to launch, as host and managing editor, an innovative news program about which he is genuinely proud and thrilled to be a part of: The Texas Standard.