Most Active Stories
- Community Unification One Goal of The Gathering
- Waco Comic Con Organizers Anticipate Continued Success
- A Texas Community Takes On Racial Tensions Once Hidden Under The Surface
- Multidenominational Palm Sunday Service Coming To The "Buckle" of the Bible Belt
- Persian New Year's Table Celebrates Nature's Rebirth Deliciously
Eric Aasen is KERA’s digital news editor. He oversees keranews.org, the station’s news website, and its blogs, Breakthroughs, and Class of 17. He also reports and writes stories for the website and contributes pieces to KERA radio.
Eric joined KERA in September 2013 after 11 years as a reporter at The Dallas Morning News. His subjects ranged from the fiery demise of Big Tex (the iconic State Fair of Texas cowboy), to a friendly goose who helped children cross a busy street to school. He’s won numerous awards, including honors from the Texas Associated Press Managing Editors for his feature writing and breaking news reporting.
A Minnesota native, Eric has wanted to be a journalist since he was in the third grade. He graduated Phi Beta Kappa from DePauw University in Indiana, where he earned a political science degree and served as editor-in-chief of The DePauw student newspaper.
Eric and his wife, who’s also a journalist, have a daughter and son.