Most Active Stories
- Community Unification One Goal of The Gathering
- Waco Comic Con Organizers Anticipate Continued Success
- A Texas Community Takes On Racial Tensions Once Hidden Under The Surface
- Persian New Year's Table Celebrates Nature's Rebirth Deliciously
- Multidenominational Palm Sunday Service Coming To The "Buckle" of the Bible Belt
Fri June 27, 2014
Listen: A World Cup Translation for Texans
Originally published on Fri June 27, 2014 2:54 pm
Been following the World Cup? If so, you can stop right here.
This one's for the rest of us.
Sonny Carl Davis (you know, that guy from "Bernie" who broke Texas into five states?) has been thinking about America's new love affair with what much of the rest of the world calls football.
Sonny's been doing so much thinking, he reckoned it high time to offer something of an explainer for fellow Texans baffled by the phenomenon. Texans like … him. Take two minutes to listen:
As Sonny Carl says, "nobody likes laughing more at Texans than Texans." Got an idea for a Sonny Carl explainer? Tweet us: @TxStandard.