Most Active Stories
- Dog Team Races To Rescue Lost Hiker In The Himalayas
- Espresso In Orbit: SpaceX Craft Brings Coffee Machine To Space Station
- Matamoros Becomes Ground Zero As Drug War Shifts On Mexican Border
- Downtown Waco Farmer's Market Adds Tuesday Date
- First Public Forum for City Council Candidates Sees Engaging Debate
Fri June 27, 2014
Listen: A World Cup Translation for Texans
Originally published on Fri June 27, 2014 2:54 pm
Been following the World Cup? If so, you can stop right here.
This one's for the rest of us.
Sonny Carl Davis (you know, that guy from "Bernie" who broke Texas into five states?) has been thinking about America's new love affair with what much of the rest of the world calls football.
Sonny's been doing so much thinking, he reckoned it high time to offer something of an explainer for fellow Texans baffled by the phenomenon. Texans like … him. Take two minutes to listen:
As Sonny Carl says, "nobody likes laughing more at Texans than Texans." Got an idea for a Sonny Carl explainer? Tweet us: @TxStandard.