Most Active Stories
- Filmmakers Document Auction Of Central Texas Town
- Water Service at Fort Hood, Killeen & Copperas Cove Still Not Back to Normal (Update)
- Death on the Border: Trying to Identify the Youth Who Never Made It
- Leprosy Persists in Texas, But the Disease Is No Longer a Death Sentence
- LIVE BLOG: The Upside Of 11 Inches Of Rain? Parched Lakes Get Some Relief
Fri June 13, 2014
Report: Dallas Out Of The Running For Hosting The 2024 Summer Olympics
Originally published on Fri June 13, 2014 2:18 pm
Dallas is out of the running for hosting the 2024 Summer Olympics. Boston, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Washington are the cities still being considered for a possible U.S. bid to host the 2024 games, The Associated Press reports.
A person briefed on the U.S. Olympic Committee's decision-making process told the AP that all four cities are still in consideration. The person requested anonymity because the USOC has not made an official announcement.
Los Angeles hosted the 1932 and 1984 Olympics. The other three cities would be first-time hosts.
The International Olympic Committee will award the Games in 2017.
The last two U.S. candidates both suffered humiliating fourth-place finishes: New York for the 2012 Olympics and Chicago for the 2016 Games that went to Rio de Janeiro.