Most Active Stories
- Filmmakers Document Auction Of Central Texas Town
- Water Service at Fort Hood, Killeen & Copperas Cove Still Not Back to Normal (Update)
- Death on the Border: Trying to Identify the Youth Who Never Made It
- Leprosy Persists in Texas, But the Disease Is No Longer a Death Sentence
- LIVE BLOG: The Upside Of 11 Inches Of Rain? Parched Lakes Get Some Relief
Thank you for visiting kwbu.org. KWBU recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of personally identifiable information collected from its members, donors, viewers of KWBU, and about visitors to KWBU's Website. Here we explain how KWBU collects information on-line and by other methods, what we do with that information, and what controls you have. We're committed to ensuring the privacy of your personally identifiable information (such as full name, address, email address, telephone number and/or other identifiable information), protecting the security of making financial transactions and preserving the integrity of the medium.
Gathering and Use of Information
- KWBU will not willfully disclose any personally identifiable information about our online users to any third party without first receiving the user's permission, unless required by law.
- We will not collect personally identifiable information from you, other than what you supply to us on a voluntary basis. We may collect certain non-personal information to optimize our Web pages for your computer (i.e., the identity of your Internet browser, the type of operating system you use, your IP address and the domain name of your Internet service provider). We may use such non-personal information for internal purposes, including but not limited to improving the content of our website.
- In order to participate in some activities, you might be asked to provide some personally identifiable information. This could be in connection with the following:
- contest or sweepstakes registration
- subscription registration for websites
- services which require subscription (such as email or postal newsletters)
- KWBU membership submission
- pledging financial support
- content submissions, community postings
(i.e., forums or bulletin boards), comments and suggestions or voting
You should recognize that if you choose not to voluntarily submit requested information, you may not be eligible for those activities for which personally identifiable information is needed.
If, at any time, you do not wish to receive any further information or contact from KWBU, you may email KWBU at firstname.lastname@example.org, write KWBU at One Bear Place #97296, Waco, TX 76798-7296, or call KWBU at (254) 710-3472 and request that KWBU not contact you or send further information.
Secure Credit Card Transactions
KWBU offers you the convenience of making on-line membership contributions and donations via credit card. KWBU takes seriously the need for credit card account information security. Unless otherwise noted, these transactions are encrypted. It is KWBU's practice that confidential financial information you provide will be used only for the purposes described in that transaction - that is, for the purchase or contribution you wish to make. Data provided specifically to facilitate credit card or other electronic business transactions are retained only for a reasonable time to effect the transaction. KWBU makes reasonable efforts to comply with federal, state and local laws. Your peace of mind and the safeguarding of your credit card information are of the utmost importance to us.
Chat Rooms and Bulletin Boards
Please remember that any information posted on bulletin boards and/or communicated in chat areas becomes public information. You should use caution when sharing information, as any of it can be collected and used by people you may not know and may result in your receiving unsolicited emails. Users under the age of 18 should be particularly careful not to divulge any personal information. While KWBU strives to protect and respect your privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose in a chat room or bulletin board and you do so at your own risk.
Cookies and Browsers
In general, cookies -- the informational files that your Web browser places on your computer when you visit a Web site -- are used on kwbu.org to track how you and other visitors use our site, identifying the source of visitors, and what pages you use while on our site. By looking at this traffic we can better understand our community, which allows us to improve our Web site and to provide you with an optimal experience and better service. At no time does the cookie reveal your name, address, or e-mail address (even if you have entered these in specific areas of kwbu.org). The kwbu.org Web site pages cannot extract any personally identifying information about you from what we receive via a cookie and your browser.