House public education leaders are digging into a legislative effort deemed a priority by House Speaker Joe Straus this session, public school finance reform. Ahead of the start of the session, Speaker Straus, a San Antonio Republican made it clear, reforming how the state funds public schools is at the top of his legislative agenda. One of Straus’ ideas for reforming school finance is ending the state’s Robin Hood system. That’s where the state redistributes tax money from property wealthy...
Fresh Air With Terry Gross
- 'River On Fire' Explores Genius, Madness And The Poetry Of Robert Lowell
- Alto Saxophonist Miguel Zenón Evokes Folkloric Melodies On 'Típico'
- New 'Chimes At Midnight' DVD Recalls Orson Welles' Autobiographical Turn As Falstaff
- Remembering Actor Bill Paxton, Of 'A Simple Plan' And 'Twister' Fame
- Photographer Builds A 'Photo Ark' For 6,500 Animal Species And Counting