As President Obama's national security adviser, Susan Rice has grappled with with multiple crises — wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the rise of the Islamic State, and cyber attacks blamed on China and Russia. Rice, who served as Obama's United Nations ambassador during his first term, says there have been many successes over the past eight years. But she says her biggest disappointment has been the failure of the international community to stop Syria's brutal civil war. "I think all of us have...
Fresh Air With Terry Gross
- How The Systemic Segregation Of Schools Is Maintained By 'Individual Choices'
- Fresh Air Weekend: Jeff Bridges; Netflix' 'Unfortunate Events'; Sportscaster Joe Buck
- The Man Behind Lemony Snicket Talks About Writing For Kids And His Childhood Fears
- Remembering Celebrated Indian Actor Om Puri, Star Of 'East Is East'
- 'Series Of Unfortunate Events' On Netflix Will Charm And Delight