Ever hear the song “Travelin’ Up” by the Singinaires? Probably not. The recording, along with some 5,000 others, is part of an effort to preserve early Black Gospel Music, based out of Baylor University. You can now hear some of these songs at the Smithsonian’s Museum for African American History and culture – which opens this weekend.
Fresh Air With Terry Gross
- 'Deepwater Horizon' Director On The BP Oil Spill And The 'Addictive Dance' For Fuel
- Angel Olsen Sings With Fierceness And Fatalism On 'My Woman'
- Fresh Air Weekend: Director Antoine Fuqua; 'Designated Survivor'; Ryan Speedo Green
- It's Hard to Tell Who's Shooting Whom In 'The Magnificent Seven'
- Mary Karr On Writing Memoirs: 'No Doubt I've Gotten A Million Things Wrong'