Doris Miller is one of Waco’s often-overlooked WWII heroes. He was an African American mess man on the U.S.S West Virginia during Pearl Harbor. Fittingly on Pearl Harbor day, Miller’s finally getting a memorial in his honor.
Fresh Air With Terry Gross
- Will The Mueller Investigation Unearth A Crime? Legal Reporter Says It's Complicated
- Israeli Film 'Foxtrot' Is A Bruisingly Powerful Look At A War Without End
- James Franco Tackles A Hollywood Story 'Unlike Any Other' In 'Disaster Artist'
- As Fissures Between Political Camps Grow, 'Tribalism' Emerges As The Word Of 2017
- Director Guillermo Del Toro Says 'Shape Of Water' Centers On 'Love Beyond Words'