Most Active Stories
KWBU seeks Full Time Reporter/Host
The KWBU full time News Reporter/Host will be the voice of KWBU for local content – producing an average of 45 minutes of local content weekly in the form of short news stories (60 to 80 seconds), feature news stories (3 to 6 minutes), and one 29 minute program per week.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in broadcast journalism and familiarity with NPR style reporting. Job duties include but are not limited to:
· Producing local news content in the form of short stories, feature segments and a weekly long form program
· Maintaining and updating the news area of the KWBU web site
· Mentoring, teaching and supervising KWBU journalism interns
· Proficiency with the ENCO automation system
· Writing and producing the Voice of the Arts segment
· Serving as back up host for Morning Edition and All Things Considered.
· Participation in fund drives
· Covering occasional weekend and on-call shifts
· Use of a variety of studio and field equipment
Qualified candidates must submit resume, with professional references, and .mp3 audio files of at least three news stories to KWBU Station Manager Brodie Bashaw at Brodieb@kwbu.org .
Brazos Valley Public Broadcasting Foundation is an equal opportunity employer – women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Station KWBU-FM, an Equal Opportunity Employer, seeks the help of local community organizations in referring qualified job candidates to the station and distributing information about job vacancies.
Interested community organizations that wish to receive job vacancy notifications should contact the station at 254.710.3426 or e-mail Carla Hervey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Community Organization Request form is available in portable document file (PDF) format. You will need Adobe's Acrobat Reader in order to download and view this document. If you do not already have it, you may acquire it here: ACROBAT READER
If your community organization would like to be notified of job openings at KWBU, please submit a request form:
EEO NOTIFICATION FORM
View KWBU's EEO Report for March 23, 2013 - March 22, 2014: