Most Active Stories
- Behavioral Specialists Aim to Help Students Curb Referrals, Improve Test Scores
- Zebra Mussels Invade Lake Waco
- Baylor Crew's 'Head of the Brazos' Regatta Returns
- Riverfront Development's Possible Derailment Wouldn't Be Waco's First
- Leprosy Persists in Texas, But the Disease Is No Longer a Death Sentence
Jill Ament is a reporter at KWBU. She hails from right here in Central Texas, growing up down the road in Gatesville. She graduated from Texas State University’s School of Journalism and Mass Communication in May of 2012.
Her love for radio reporting and producing began while at Texas State. She held several roles at the college’s radio station, KTSW 89.9 FM, including assistant news director and reporter. Jill also was a newsroom intern with KUT 90.5 FM and a production intern with KGSR 93.3 in Austin.
Jill’s work has taken her across the country. After college, she went on to intern in New York City with Teach for America’s videography team, filming doc style pieces on new teachers serving in inner city NYC schools. She also just recently completed a 10-month stint of national service with AmeriCorps in the Midwest and Great Lakes regions of the US, serving as a corps member and media representative. Jill is glad to be back in Texas serving the communities she grew up in.