Most Active Stories
- Filmmakers Document Auction Of Central Texas Town
- Water Service at Fort Hood, Killeen & Copperas Cove Still Not Back to Normal (Update)
- Death on the Border: Trying to Identify the Youth Who Never Made It
- Leprosy Persists in Texas, But the Disease Is No Longer a Death Sentence
- LIVE BLOG: The Upside Of 11 Inches Of Rain? Parched Lakes Get Some Relief
Joy Diaz has been a reporter with KUT on and off since 2005. Since joining KUT, Joy has covered education, healthcare and immigration. She is now the station’s city reporter.
Originally from Mexico, Joy moved to the U.S. in 1998 when her husband Luis was transferred from his job in Mexico City to train workers in a telecommunications plant in Virginia. While there, Joy worked for Roanoke's NPR station WVTF.
Joy speaks English and Spanish, which is a plus in a state like Texas. She graduated from Universidad de Cuautitlán Izcalli in Mexico City with a degree in journalism. In 2008 she took a break to devote herself to her two young children, before returning to the KUT studios. She loves reading, painting and spending time engaging with the community.