Most Active Stories
- Community Unification One Goal of The Gathering
- Waco Comic Con Organizers Anticipate Continued Success
- A Texas Community Takes On Racial Tensions Once Hidden Under The Surface
- Persian New Year's Table Celebrates Nature's Rebirth Deliciously
- Multidenominational Palm Sunday Service Coming To The "Buckle" of the Bible Belt
Joy Diaz has been a reporter with KUT on and off since 2005. Since joining KUT, Joy has covered education, healthcare and immigration. She is now the station’s city reporter.
Originally from Mexico, Joy moved to the U.S. in 1998 when her husband Luis was transferred from his job in Mexico City to train workers in a telecommunications plant in Virginia. While there, Joy worked for Roanoke's NPR station WVTF.
Joy speaks English and Spanish, which is a plus in a state like Texas. She graduated from Universidad de Cuautitlán Izcalli in Mexico City with a degree in journalism. In 2008 she took a break to devote herself to her two young children, before returning to the KUT studios. She loves reading, painting and spending time engaging with the community.