Most Active Stories
- After Receiving Marriage Licenses, Same-Sex Couples Begin to Marry in McLennan County
- Bandidos Call for Release of Video Evidence, Autopsy Reports
- McLennan County Waits for SCOTUS Ruling, State Agencies Before Moving Forward
- July 1st Celebrate 15 Years of NPR in the Heart of Texas
- Events and Activities June 19 - 25
I Hear America Singing
Some say it was the Kingston Trio who brought Folk Music of out the nightclubs and the halls of academia and into cars and living rooms all over the United States. Join us for a new program putting a spotlight on Folk Music. Ross Burns hosts this program sharing with you a wide range of performers and songs from his personal collection of Folk Music...putting the music into perspective of its time and in todays society. Saturdays at 7 - following A Prairie Home Companion and Mondays at 9pm tune in and learn about the many directions Folk Music has taken on I Hear America Singing.
Program themes have included tributes to Steven Fromholz and Robert Burns, Train Songs, Banjo Players, Coal Mining, and an Introduction to the Blues. We've even had some in-studio guests.
IHAS 1513 - May 2 & 4
This week on I Hear America Singing, we're blowing and going with songs about the weather. We'll have songs about hurricanes on Galveston and Andros Islands,dust storms in Oklahoma, a flood in Mississippi and New Mexico rain. Performers will include Nanci Griffith, Gillian Welch, Tommy Makem, Liam Clancy, Allison Kraus and the Dillards among others.
I Hear America Singing - Saturdays at 7pm with a rebroadcast Mondays at 9pm.